A great online marketing plan is knowing what to do when and where
There’s a lot of confusion around Search Engine Optimization and Conversion Rate Optimization. The truth is they are two different set of tasks that a lot of times go hand in hand.
Search Engine Optimization
SEO is About Getting Your Business FOUND
Search Engine Optimization is performed in order to increase organic traffic, encourage social sharing of content, and helps your website grow as an authority in your industry.
Some SEO Tasks include
- Keyword Research
- Optimizing site performance
- Reviewing Search engine rankings and visitor analytics data – making adjustments based on them
- Creating and occasionally reviewing existing content for duplications and relevancy
- Making sure site design is responsive
Content that you can create includes
- Blog Posts/Articles
- White Papers
It’s not about just creating the content but rather content that is relevant to your visitors and provides value.
These changes can affect your search engine ranking, hence the term Search Engine Optimization. By creating relevant and valuable content you increase brand exposure and grow trust and loyalty
Primary goal: increasing traffic, building authority and promoting relationships
Conversion Rate Optimization
CRO is Getting a Visitor to Perform an Action
Think of Conversion Rate Optimization as getting a site visitor to perform an action on your site
Subscribe To An Email List
Buy a Product,
Request a Free Sample
CRO helps by using data based changes to increase those conversions.
- Discover, Data Gathering, and Goal Setting
- Experiment – Design and layout changes, A/B Testing
- Review – analyze results, make changes based on findings
SEO and CRO
Search Engine Optimization boosts CRO efforts by building content that helps with conversions.